Effective Date: October 1st, 2020 | Last Updated: October 1st, 2021
Designer Home Resource LLC (DHS) is pleased to offer DHS and other related services to you (i) via its website located at www.designerhomeresource.com (the “Site”) and any derivative, cobranded or successor site as DHS may make available from time to time; (ii) via third party social networking sites; and/or (iii) via your mobile telephone or other mobile device.
Terms of Service
Collection of Personal Identifiable Information
Personal identifiable information is information that we collect when you voluntarily provide it to us and that may be used to identify an individual, including, without limitation, your first and last name, your home or other physical address, your electronic mail address, your age and birthday, your gender and other similar information.
When you access the Site on your mobile telephone or other mobile device, personal identifiable information may further include your login e-mail for the TPS, your telephone number, your physical location, interests and hobbies and other similar information.
When you access DHS Site via a TPS, such as Facebook, Instagram, you allow DHS to access certain information from your profile at that TPS, subject to your privacy settings at that TPS. For access via a TPS, personal identifiable information may also include, without limitation, your profile picture or its online location, your user identification number, your physical location and any other information that you agreed the TPS can provide to DHS through the TPS.
How We Collect Information
When you visit the DHS site via our website located at www.designerhomeresource.com and any co-branded or successor site, or download, access and/or access the Site via your mobile device or a TPS, DHS may ask you for and collect personal identifiable information about you to provide certain products and services to you; to communicate with you; to provide customer service and support to you; to send promotional e-mails and information about our company; and for internal marketing and promotional purposes.
Please note that any of your personal identifiable information or any of the personal identifiable information of any third party posted for public viewing at your direction is not considered personally identifiable information and is subject to the terms and conditions of DHS Terms of Service.
DHS may collect personal identifiable information about you whenever you interact with us including, but not limited to, the following:
- information we collect from you from applications, registrations and other forms;
- information we collect about your interaction with users of the Site;
- information we collect that is technical in nature regarding usage and improvement of the DHS services;
- information we collect that results from your use of message boards, messages and invitations and other posted materials;
- information we collect about you from your web-based social media services accounts with other third parties, including without limitation, such as Facebook, which you have authorized us to access to provide certain products and services to you;
- information about your transactions with us, our business partners and our suppliers;
- information we collect from a consumer reporting agency;
- and information we receive from our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested, the make and model of the device issued to view the Site, unique device identifier, the referring web page, search terms, and other information related to your use of the Site, browser, or device.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Identifiable Information
DHS will not distribute, sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal identifiable information to any third party except as follows:
- to business partners, suppliers and other third parties that help us to provide certain products and services to you, including without limitation, your connection to web-based social media services;
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with DHS rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- when we believe in good faith that it is required or permitted by law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- by limited type of information such as geographical location or anonymous demographic information and other similar information for use in connection with certain aspects of the DHS service;
- when you have consented to such disclosure;
- and to fulfill our obligations to allow you to participate in certain features of the Site, to improve the Site or the services, to notify you of Site changes, to carry out our respective obligations or to enforce our rights, or for any other purpose permitted by law.
Opting Out and Other Rights
If you are accessing DHS from countries outside the United States of America whose laws regarding personal data protection differ from those of the United States of America, through your continued use of the DHS services, you acknowledge that you are transferring your personal information and you consent to such transfer. DHS complies with the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding collection, use and retention of online user data from the European Union and Switzerland.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We use server log files, tracking technologies and other technologies to collect and analyze certain technical information, including without limitation, cookies, IP addresses, number of clicks, domain names, pages viewed, and other similar information. Such technical information may be used to facilitate, enhance, and customize your experience. Many improvements and updates to DHS service are based on the technical information collected. You can reset your browser preferences to indicate when a cookie is being sent or to refuse all cookies. However, note that if you disable cookies, you may have difficulty accessing certain services available via our DHS site.
Links to Other Sites
Visitors to DHS should be aware that when they are on the DHS, they could be directed to other websites that are beyond our control. There are several links to other websites that take you outside our service. Many of these other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. DHS have no control over these websites or how they collect, distribute or otherwise use any personal information, and we do not guaranty the security of any information that you may disclose. DHS is not responsible or liable for the policies, actions or content of such websites. These websites are linked only for your convenience and you access them at your own risk. We encourage you to review the terms of service and privacy policies available at these other websites.
DHS takes great care in providing secure transmission of your information over the Internet. Even though we strive to protect your personal identifiable information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. DHS cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, which you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems DHS use encryption and security software to secure all sensitive information that is transmitted to us over the Internet. To access and use certain online services at DHS, we may require you to select a unique username and password. We encourage you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer. To further prevent such unauthorized access, you should signoff when you have finished accessing or using the DHS site using your computer.
Age Requirement for Use of Site
We do not target or knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either eighteen (18) years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you become aware that your child under the age of eighteen (18) has provided us with personal information without your consent, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy